Drinking Water - RO
Application of Ozone in the Pre and Post Treatment of Packaged Drinking water | Download Brochure
- Reduction or complete elimination of coagulants like Alum, Ferric Chloride and lime in the pre-treatment process.
- Ozone can be called as a sterilizer and not a disinfectant. Chlorine can be eliminated.
- By micro flocculation with Ozone the pH is not altered.
- Contact time is very less.
- Through micro flocculation the load on the activated carbon is less as the formed insoluble complex can be filtered in the Pressurized Sand filter.
- By using the ozonated water for the back wash of the PSF and ACF microbial growth can be completely ruled out. The performance and the life of the media can be extended.
- The use of Sodium bisulfate which is used to neutralize Chlorine can be eliminated as the chlorine is not used in the pre treatment.
- Chemical attacks by Chlorine on the RO membrane can be reduced. As Ozone concentration is very less and there are no Disinfectant by products formed which can affect the RO membrane. The life of RO membrane can be increased.
- Through micro flocculation and disinfection through ozone the dissolved carbon dioxide will be less and conversion of this CO2 to carbonic acid is also less. pH boosters usage at the outlet of the RO can be reduced.
- As the Calcium and sulfates are partially oxidized it forms gelatinized insoluble complex that can rejected by the RO and there is a less chance of scale formation within the RO membrane so the Antiscalant usage can be reduced.
- Safe & aesthetically pleasing water.
- Improved taste.
- Elimination of odour.
- A 2 year long sustainable & stable product.
- Ozone is the most powerful broad-spectrum microbiological control agent available.
- Ozone is 51% more powerful on bacteria cell walls than chlorine and kills bacteria 3100 times faster.
- Ozone virtually eliminates all chemical usage and produces no toxic by-products.
- Ozone is clean and environmentally friendly; its only by-product is oxygen.
- Ozone has full FDA approval for direct-food contact application.
- Ozone is extremely effective as a disinfectant at relatively low concentrations.
RO Water Ozonators